RFL & Sport Relief In League Together
Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active, raise cash and change lives. And this year's campaign, from Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th March, was absolutely epic!
Over a million people took part in fundraising activities and the Sainsbury's Sport Relief Miles over the course of the weekend, helping to bring the total up to £62,519,216 ... and counting.
In League Together is a long-term partnership between the RFL and Sport Relief aimed at helping communities, both at home in the UK and the world’s poorest countries.
As part of the In League Together partnership Comic Relief grants have awarded Rugby League Cares £350k for a programme aimed at improving mental wellbeing in Rugby League's communities.
The programme has the following four elements:
- A public awareness campaign during Super League Round 27
- Training and development
- Funding to Clubs charitable foundations to design and deliver a specific project on mental wellbeing with key "at risk" groups within their communities
- Monitoring and evaluation, including the publication of a project report at the end of the 1st year.
Club Foundations supported by In League Together:
- Bradford Bulls Foundation
- Featherstone Rovers Foundation
- Huddersfield Community Trust
- Hull FC Foundation
- Leeds Rugby Foundation
- London Bronco’s Foundation & London Rugby League
- Saints Community Development Foundation
- Salford City Reds Foundation
- The Valhalla Foundation
- Warrington Wolves Foundation
- Wigan Warriors Foundation
- Wakefield Wildcats Community Trust
Become a Member
Help us support the Rugby League family and its community. Become a member today for £20 a year or £2 per month and you will help to:
- Support the development of Rugby League
- Provide targeted health and wellbeing support to members of Rugby League community
- Protect Rugby League Heritage
- Support players who are in hardship or distress as a result of a serious injury
You will also receive an exclusive member gift!