Rugby League Cares Grants...
Our Grants programme exists to provide small grants for grassroots Rugby League organisations. The main aim of the grants programme is to encourage participation in Rugby League and maximise the number of playing opportunities for children aged 7.
Grants can be used to fund the formation, development, and maintenance of new organisations providing opportunities for children to become involved with the sport from a young age, regardless of their social or economic situation.
Grants may also be awarded to clubs, schools, and community voluntary organisations in times of emergency or crisis to ensure that the opportunity to play Rugby League safely remains available to the participants.
Small grants may also be awarded upon merit to other organisations such as Universities and Colleges.
The RFL Facilities Trust can provide support in terms of facilities and improvement to clubs and pitches. Any support requests of this nature should be referred to them. As this charity has a specific and specialist area please visit their website for further information www.rflfacilitiestrust.co.uk
Only one application can be made per year by any organisation, and the applications should outline how the grant will be used, and how activities will continue after the award.
Successful applicants will be required to publicise Rugby League Cares membership and participate in the Community Raffle.
All applications must be from a constituted RFL registered club, local authority registered school or other community voluntary organisation. Applicants must also be able to demonstrate their compliance with the RFL's rules on Safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
If you are successful Rugby League Cares will require you to produce a progress report, 3 months after receipt of the funding award. We would be grateful if you could share with us any press cuttings and photographs, which show the difference the grant has made to your club. We would look to include these on the Rugby League Cares website.
Please include the Rugby League Cares logo on your kit as a way of highlighting the support received.
Who We Helped in 2015
- Birstall Victoria Tots/U7
- Bradford Dudley Hill U7s
- Brixton Bulls U7s £500
- Buxton Bulls
- Cowling Harlequins Keighley
- Crigglestone All Blacks ARLFC U8s and U10s
- Cramlington Rockets U7s and U8s
- Crosfields ARLFC
- Dewsbury Celtic ARLFC
- Drighlington ARLFC U7s £1000
- Eastern Rhinos, Colchester U7s team
- Elland RLFC U7 team
- Elmbridge Eagles Surrey U7
- Emley Junior RLC U7
- Garforth Tigers ARLFC U7s
- Harpenden RFC St Albans
- Hemsworth Dragons Barnsley U7s
- Hindpool Tigers ARLFC Cumbria
- Keighley Albion ARLFC U7s
- Littleborough Juniors RLFC Rochdale U7s
- Milnrow Cobras Rochdale U7s
- Newsome Panthers Huddersfield U7s and U8s
- Portico Vine St Helens Juniors ages 7 – 10 years £500
- Rochdale Mayfield Junior game U7
- Shaw Cross for young people (organisation) U6 & U7
- Siddall ARLFC U7 £1400
- St Josephs Sharks ARLFC Huddersfield U7
- Stainland Staggs RLFC Halifax U7, U8, U9
- Stanley Rangers ARLFC Primary RL
- Thornhill Trojans ARLFC U7s
- York Lokomotive RLFC U7
- Bury Broncos New U7 team
- Gateshead Storm
- Milford Marlins
- North Derbyshire Chargers
- Surrey Sharks – Minis and Juniors cost
- Batley Boys ARLFC U7s team
- Catterick Crusaders RLFC U7s team
- Conwy Celts
- Dearne Valley Bulldogs
- Dewsbury Moor U7s team
- Heysham Atoms ARLFC U7s team
- Kippax Welfare ARLFC U7s team
- Leeds Underdogs U7s team
- New Earswick All Blacks U7s team
- Normanton Knights 4-7 year rugby camps
- Shevington Sharks ARLFC U7s team
- Walney Central ARLFC U7s team
- Wigan Bulldogs ARLFC U8 and U10 team
If you're working on a Rugby League project that you think would benefit from receiving one of our small scale awards then let us know.
Applications should be received no later than two weeks before the grants committee meet, decisions will be taken at meetings and applicants notified of decisions no later than 2 weeks after the decision.
For all European Rugby League development grant inquiries, please contact Remond Safi: Remond.Safi@rlef.eu.com
Application Submission Deadlines
Awards Notification Deadlines
Wednesday 9th March 2016
Wednesday 23rd March 2016
Wednesday 6th April 2016
Wednesday 11th May 2016
Wednesday 25th May 2016
Wednesday 8th June 2016
Wednesday 3rd August 2016
Wednesday 17th August 2016
Wednesday 24th August 2016
Wednesday 9th November 2016
Wednesday 23rd November 2016
Wednesday 7th December 2016
Become a Member
Help us support the Rugby League family and its community. Become a member today for £20 a year or £2 per month and you will help to:
- Support the development of Rugby League
- Provide targeted health and wellbeing support to members of Rugby League community
- Protect Rugby League Heritage
- Support players who are in hardship or distress as a result of a serious injury
You will also receive an exclusive member gift!